Living a creative life

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Bling & Fluffing Part 1

Started decorating for Spring and Easter. I purchased the basket with eggs from JoAnn's last year after Easter for a great bargain. The cherry blossoms and vase come from Michael's. The shabby chic lantern comes from a wonderful shop over on Coronado called "The Attic". The shabby chic style posts were a find on Ebay a couple of years ago. And I can't, for the life of me, remember where I purchased that mirror. I've had it for many, many years.
The glass jar is from Target and the eggs inside are from Michael's. I love the subdued colors of the eggs. I purchased the vintage birdcage from one of my favorite antique stores in downtown La Mesa. The dove is a Dollar Tree find that I spray painted a glossy white. The sweet bunnies in the little alcove or cutout I've had since I was 18 years old! I guess that makes them vintage, doesn't it?!?!?

The paper mache house that I altered and decorated this year. Wrapped some scrapbook paper around the candles and added an Easter embellishment, put some glittery eggs in a silver tray and had an instant display/tablescape. The bunny standing on top of the box came from Michael's last year, on clearance after Easter. The print in the frame is from Roben-Marie's Etsy store.


The above picture shows the egg garland I made this year. I added Easter candy goodies to a few of my many glass apothocary jars. I placed a gift box in the shape of a cake on top of a cake platter that I purchased from Target. I think the blue cake-shaped gift box came from Target, too, last year. My "inspire" sign from http://www.gratefultulip.etsy.com/ purchased this year.



A close-up of the cake plate and round gift box. The glitter eggs came from Dollar Tree. I just took them off their little wooden skewers. I found the two orange frames from the dollar section at Michael's a couple of weeks ago.
More Easter decor pictures tomorrow! Have a wonderful day.




1 comment:

Kasey said...

looks perfect!