Living a creative life

Thursday, February 26, 2009

sfgirlbybay and Fireplace Mantels

I've been a daily reader of www.sfgirlbybay.blogspot.com for a long time. I love this blog. Wonderful inspiration. And I've been in love with San Francisco for many, many years. I have visited that beautiful city many times and could see myself living there. Love it. My dad loved that city, too. Anyway, today's post on sfgirlbybay's blog is about fireplace mantels. She chose some beautiful examples of mantels from Domino Magazine's "My Deco Files." These four pictures were my favorites.





My house didn't have a fireplace and this past Thanksgiving, I purchased a faux fireplace and mantel. I am so, so happy I did. Not only is the "fire" cozy, but the mantel is a great place to decorate. These examples have given me a few ideas for updating my mantel look.
Take a moment and check out www.sfgirlbybay.blogspot.com. You'll be glad you did.
Have a great day!



2 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

Love those fireplace pictures! They are so inspiring!

jennalee said...

love the last one the best, with the bright colors.